Casey Barnes lets the ‘Sparks Fly’ in this week’s New Country Friday 5
February 7, 2020 | By Tim Holland Courtesy of The Brag / Tone Country
Casey Barnes is letting the ‘Sparks Fly!’
Australian Country radio is finally getting a taste of Jameson Rogers’ huge debut ‘Some Girls.’
The legendary John Anderson has released a new song with Blake Shelton.
And local Americana artists Hayley Marsten and Daisy Spratt have new singles out that they are super excited about.
Here is this week’s New Country Friday 5!
1. CASEY BARNES – ‘SPARKS FLY’ Casey Barnes has announced today that he’ll release his new album Town Of A Million Dreams on April 17.
He’ll launch the album at the Julia Creek Dirt ‘N’ Dust Festival on the same day.
Additionally, he’s also released the new track ‘Sparks Fly’ today – which has already gone to #1 on the iTunes country track chart this morning.
It follows the recently released TMN Country Hot 50 #2 hit ‘A Little More’ and ‘No Other You’ with Missy Lancaster.
“I was in Nashville on a whirlwind writing trip in 2019 and found myself inspired by the energy of folks at the many watering-holes across the city,” says Barnes.
“I don’t know if it was the music, the people or the whisky…but the result is a song [‘Sparks Fly’] which was one of my favourites to write on that trip.”
The song’s new music features emerging artist Stephanie Penrose.
Check out ‘Sparks Fly’ by Casey Barnes
2. JAMESON ROGERS – ‘SOME GIRLS’ This singer-songwriter from Mississippi has written songs for the likes of Florida Georgia Line and Chris Lane.
But ‘Some Girls,’ which Australian radio stations are getting for the first time today, has become a hit of his very own in the USA.
The former college baseball player opened for Luke Combs during his ‘Beer Never Broke My Heart’ tour last year and now has a record deal with Sony Nashville.
Check out ‘Some Girls’ by Jameson Rogers
3. DAISY SPRATT – ‘THINK AGAIN BOY’ If you’ve been on a Tiger Air flight lately, you may have heard the songs ‘Love Like That’ and ‘Soda Pop’ from Melbourne based Americana artist, Daisy Spratt.
Spratt recently performed at the Tamworth Country Music Festival and has just released this new upbeat, swamp stompin’ song.
Excitingly for fans of television show Love Island, the music video for ‘Think Again Boy’ features Jaxon Human, who was on the show.
Check out ‘Think Again Boy’ by Daisy Spratt
4. JOHN ANDERSON – ‘TUESDAY I’LL BE GONE’ FEATURING BLAKE SHELTON There’s no doubt that 90s country is currently having a revival of sorts.
And during that period, John Anderson was a major player in music city.
His songs ‘Seminole Wind’ and ‘Straight Tequila Night’ were not only major hits at the time, but are now considered genuine classics of the era.
Anderson recently announced that he’s releasing a new album in April.
This song, featuring Blake Shelton will be on that album and has been released commercially on it’s own today.
Check out ‘Tuesday I’ll Be Gone’ featuring Blake Shelton
5. HAYLEY MARSTEN – ‘SPECTACULAR HEARTBREAK’ Hayley Marsten is today releasing the title track from her Golden Guitar nominated debut album as an official single.
‘I had spent so much time writing about all the hurt and sadness that had inspired the album that I was feeling disappointed and regretful,” says Marsten about the song.
‘But writing this song made me come to terms with everything and realise that I don’t want to be scared to open my heart in case it doesn’t work out.”
“So instead I focused on the stuff that happens on the other side of heartbreak, the spectacular stuff.”
Check out ‘Spectacular Heartbreak’ by Hayley Marsten